- 16 oz (1lb) pasta
- 2 -3 large, ripe avocados
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup cilantro
- Pepitas for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package, drain and reserve ½ cup pasta water.
- To make the sauce heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- When oil is heated add onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, half of cilantro, lemon juice and avocados to food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth, add salt and pepper to taste. Add to warm pasta, stir to combine.
- Add pasta water if needed. Garnish with cilantro and pepitas, serve.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: sweetlifebake.com