- ⅓ pound sliced bacon (about 4 slices)
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, each pitted, peeled, and cut into 4 to 6 wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-low heat until crisp.
- Drain bacon on paper towels. Remove pan from heat and pour the bacon fat into a bowl. Add 2 tbsp. bacon fat back into your skillet.
- Divide the sliced avocado wedges among 4 plates.
- Heat bacon fat over medium heat. Add garlic, ¼ cup water, lime juice, and sugar and simmer for 1 minute, stirring.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cilantro.
- Crumble the bacon in to the skillet.
- Stir until combined.
- Spoon over avocado wedges and serve immediately.
Photo Credit: livingeventfully.com