- 2 sweet potatoes (cleaned and cut in half lengthwise)
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 poblano pepper (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 3 cups chicken broth or chicken stock or vegetable broth
- ½ cup peanut butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful peanuts (roasted and chopped)
- cilantro (chopped)
- Brush the skins of the potatoes with the oil and set cut side down on a baking tray.
- Roast in a preheated 400F oven until tender, about 40-60 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery and peppers and saute until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Scoop the flesh from the sweet potatoes skins and add it to the pan along with the broth and peanut butter. (Note: Sweet potatoes can be stringy and if you like, feel free to give them a spin in your food processor to smooth them out.)
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Feel free to use an immersion blender to bring the soup to the consistency that you like.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: closetcooking.com