- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8-10 oz), cooked and shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 32 ounces low-sodium chicken stock
- ⅓-½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ⅓ cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- sliced whole wheat baguettes, toasted with parmesan cheese.
- sliced green onions, crumbled gorgonzola and cilantro for topping.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil. Add onions with a sprinkle of salt to the pot, stirring to coat, then cook for about 5 minutes until soft. Add in garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Sprinkle in flour and stir for another 1-2 minutes. Add in stock, buffalo sauce, chicken and grated cheeses, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, then reduce and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Serve soup and top with toasted baguettes, cilantro, green onions and gorgonzola.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: howsweeteats.com