- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 pieces white bread, toasted
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon over medium heat until it's crispy. Set it aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Toast the bread so that it's crisp and brown on the outside, and firm but softer on the inside. Let the slices cool briefly, then spread equal amounts of mayonnaise on each slice.
- Cut the tomatoes into ¼-inch-thick slices. Arrange the slices evenly on two pieces of the bread. Season them with a sprinkling of salt and a generous amount of pepper.
- Top with the romaine leaves, more fresh ground black pepper, the bacon and the other piece of bread. Press each sandwich down gently, and cut it in half diagonally with a serrated knife.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: cookthink.com