- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ea: ground cloves, ginger, nutmeg
- ⅓ cup pumpkin
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together until a smooth batter is formed. (Depending upon protein powder used, batter might be thick; if so, add additional water 1 tablespoon at a time until batter is pourable). Set aside.
- Coat skillet lightly with non-stick cooking spray and place on medium-high heat. Allow to heat up for approximately 30 seconds. (Depending how big your skillet is, you might need to repeat this process to cook all pancakes).
- Pour batter slowly on to heated skillet to form approximate 3 round pancakes. Fit as many as you can at one time so you can eat sooner.
- Let cook for approximately 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top of pancake and underside is nice and brown. Once this occurs, flip pancakes over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until pancakes are firm and underside is also browned. Stack on a plate. (Repeat this process until all batter is used).
- Serve warm or cold.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: fitnessrxwomen.com