- 2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups flavored bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Oil for frying
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bottom of a 9×13 pan (or bigger if you have lots of chicken) spread a thin layer of sauce and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a zip-top bag. Pound it out into cutlets. I had 3 large chicken breasts and each breast gave me about 3 pieces of chicken.
- Mix the egg and milk in a shallow bowl.
- Add the bread crumbs to a shallow bowl.
- Pour about ¼ inch deep of oil into a frying pan. When it’s hot dip the chicken in the egg then the bread crumbs. Fry on both sides until brown. (You do not need to cook them all the way.) Add the chicken to the baking pan.
- Brown all the pieces of chicken. Pour the rest of the sauce over each piece of chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the foil and add the mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered for about 15 more minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve.
Note: Serves 4-6