- 2 Butter Fish, slit on the side and insides cleaned,
- Oil for pan frying.
- Fish Marinade
- ¾ tsp red chilli powder[ or more/less ]
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Optional: 1 tsp dried onion powder
- 1tsp dried garlic powder
- Mix all the ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Cut the fish into ½ inch thick 'cutlets', Marinate with the simple spice mix paste, (see pic above) cover and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Pan fry on each side for about 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain and serve with lime wedges, red onion slices and fried curry leaves.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: tiffincarrierantiques.blogspot.com