- Small Potatoes, scrubbed
- BBQ sticks or Skewers
- Sea Salt
- Oil for deep-frying
- Optional Toppings if preferred
- Use thick wooden BBQ stick to insert in the middle of the peeled potato.
- Once inserted, carefully cut the potato in an angle starting with one end to other making equally thick slices which are connected to each other (remember how the sharpener would peel a pencil).
- Make sure you while cutting the potato you constantly rotate it slowly with other hand. First efforts are not perfect but eventually you will find it really easy. if it doesn't turn out perfect and still looks rustic, no worry they will taste the same.
- Once cut through the other end, carefully fan-out the potato until you have an even gap between the slices that gives you the spiral.
- Finally deep fry them and fry till golden brown and cooked.
- Spread salt or other toppings ( barbecue, cheddar, nacho cheese, Old Bay, ranch, red chilli powder or vinegar) over it, serve immediately.
Photo Credit: Flickr.com ( Njooodh )