- 2 medium eggs
- 250g (9oz) crème fraîche
- 150g (5oz) soya beans, frozen
- 100g (3½oz) broccoli, cut into small florets
- 75g (3oz) sunblush tomatoes, chopped
- 75g (3oz) feta, crumbled
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 6 sheets filo pastry (270g pack)
- Sunflower oil to brush
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan) mark 4. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, crème fraîche and some seasoning. In a separate bowl, lightly mix together the soya beans, broccoli, tomatoes, feta and mint. Add ¾ of the mixture to the egg mixture.
- Brush the top of one of the filo sheets with oil, then lay it in a 20.5cm (8in) round loose-bottomed cake tin, letting the excess hang over the sides. Repeat with remaining sheets, overlapping the sheets slightly each time (there should be no gaps). Pour in the crème fraîche mixture, then scatter over the remaining vegetable mix.
- Crumple overhanging pastry down inside the tin (above the level of the filling) and brush pastry again with oil. Put tin on a baking sheet and cook for 35-40min or until filling is set and pastry is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature with a green salad.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: goodhousekeeping.co.uk