- 2 ounce envelope white sauce mix
- 4 cups water
- 14 ounce can vegetable broth
- 1½ cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 7 or 8 ounce package dried cheese tortellini (about 2 cups)
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves or torn spinach
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place dry white sauce mix in a 3½ or 4-quart slow cooker. Gradually add the water to the white sauce mix, stirring until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2½ to 3 hours.
- Stir in dried tortellini. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 1 hour more or high-heat setting for 45 minutes more.
- Stir in evaporated milk and fresh spinach. If desired, sprinkle individual servings with black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: bhg.com