For the Cupcakes:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 7 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoon orange flavoring
- (May use ½ teaspoon almond extract instead of the suggested 1 tsp.vanilla extract.)
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
For the Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter softened
- 8 oz softened Cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp orange flavoring
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. (bake them at 375 F.) Line a 12 cup muffin tin with baking paper cups. Put all the ingredients except for the milk into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pulse while adding the milk down the funnel to make for a soft consistency. (recommended to use the full 3 Tablespoons)It doesn't seem like enough batter, but it will all work out, scrape every bit from the bowl and try to fill each cup equally.
- Bake for 15-20 or until they are golden on top. (These are perfectly baked in 14 to 15 minutes add 375 F in the oven) It's best to start checking them at 12 minutes.
- Combine the room temperature butter and cream cheese together in a mixer with a paddle attachment. Slowly add the sugar ¼ cup at a time and add the orange flavoring at the end.
- For the easiest results put the icing in piping bag with the tip of your choice and pipe onto cupcakes.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: nesting-project.com