- 10 sweet peppers (mini, or jalapeno peppers)
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsps cajun seasoning (or your seasoning blend of choice)
- 2 tbsps butter
- 12 cup panko bread crumbs (or corn flake crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Slice each sweet pepper in half lengthwise. Use your spoon to scoop out any seeds and some of the rib to make a nice, clean boat.
- Cook bacon to crisp (you can use a microwave - place bacon between paper towels, microwave 3-4 minutes or until crisp). Mince cooked bacon. In a bowl, mix together the bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Cajun seasoning. Spoon cheese mixture into each sweet pepper.
- Melt butter in microwave, stir in the bread crumbs. Hold each popper and dip cheese side down into bread crumbs. Bake 375F for 20 minutes or until cheese melty and bread crumbs crusty.
Click here for Original Recipe, Tips and more Details
Photo Credit: steamykitchen.com