- 2 chicken drumsticks + 2 chicken thighs
- kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- ⅓ cup white wine
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- a few sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a small shallow baking dish such as a pie plate, whisk together the white wine, olive oil, about half of the cheese, and the garlic. Throw in the thyme sprigs and the chicken and toss all around to coat.
- Turn chicken so that the skin is facing up and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Place in the oven for 30 minutes. Take a peak. If the skin is getting too brown, reduce the heat to 400ºF. Continue baking for about 20 more minutes, or until the meat is pulling away from the bone on the drumstick. The time it takes to cook this chicken will vary depending on your oven, on the size of the legs, if the chicken was cooked directly from the refrigerator or if it had been brought to room temperature before baking, etc. Trust your nose — if you think it’s done, take a stab. After you’ve made the recipe once or twice, you’ll have a better idea about the timing.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: alexandracooks.com