- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425º F.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the onion, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and mayonnaise. Process until completely smooth. Add the cayenne and fold in the chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a 1-quart baking dish and smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake until browned and puffed, about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly; garnish with chopped chives.
- Serve warm.
Note: serves 10, serve with buttered toasted Crostini, crackers, or chips.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: thegalleygourmet.net