- 6 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, rested at room temperature 15 minutes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepepr
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced into 6 slices
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring vinegar
just to a boil then reduce heat slightly and allow to simmer, stirring
occasionally, until vinegar has reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and set aside
grill grates lightly with oil and pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
In a small bowl, stir together olive oil and garlic. Brush each side of
each chicken breast lightly with olive oil mixture and season each side
with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken to preheated grill, cover with
lid and cook chicken 5 minutes, then rotate and cook opposite side until
chicken is cooked through and registers 165 degrees on an instant read
thermometer (about 5 minutes longer, time will vary though based on the
thickness of the chicken breasts).
- Top each chicken breast with one slice of fresh mozzarella and 1 or 2 Roma tomato slices. Transfer to a platter and cover with foil, allow to rest 5 - 10 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle tops with fresh basil and drizzle with balsamic reduction, serve immediately.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: cookingclassy.com