- 4 whole boneless chicken breasts, skin off
- ½ cup cornstarch (corn flour)
- 3 tbsp water
- 4 egg yolks, gently beaten
- salt, pepper, to taste
- shallots, chopped
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp powdered chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (corn flour)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1¾ cups water
- For the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and stir over a low heat until it boils and then thickens.
- Cut the chicken breast fillets into 3-4 pieces. Lay flat and pound slightly with a mallet or other heavy object.
- Place cornstarch in a bowl and slowly add the water, and then add the slightly beaten egg yolks. Next add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Dip the chicken pieces into this batter and ensure you drain well.
- Place a couple pieces of the battered chicken at a time, into deep hot oil and fry until lightly browned.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Slice chicken further if required.
- Arrange on plates of freshly cooked white rice. Sprinkle with shallots and spoon over hot lemon sauce.
Photo Credit: recipesranger.com
Source : healthyrecipes2try.com/27-fortunate-lemon-chicken.html