- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts; cut into bite sized pieces
- 10-12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup Marsala cooking wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 pound dry whole wheat penne pasta + water for cooking
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese + more for serving
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- minced, chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet until foaming. Cook chicken until lightly browned. Transfer to plate when done.
- Boil water and cook rigatoni according to the directions.
- Melt additional 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet, add garlic, mushrooms and onion and cook for about 6 minutes. Add cooked chicken back into the skillet. Add the Marsala and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until sauce is is slightly thickened.
- Drain rigatoni and reserve ½ cup cooking water. Return the rigatoni to the pot. Add the mushrooms and chicken mixture and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese and cook until the pasta has absorbed some of the sauce, about 1 minute, adding the reserved cooking water as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with additional Parmesan cheese and a garnish of chopped parsley.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: bitchinlifestyle.tv