- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can Muir Glen organic whole peeled tomatoes, crushed with your hands
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat the oil in large skillet over medium-high. Add the turkey and cook until it's browned all over, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté another minute. Then add the crushed tomatoes and simmer on medium until thickened, 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the rigatoni until it's slightly underdone. Drain and rinse with cool water. Toss with Parmesan cheese. Lightly oil a 9-inch spring form pan. Tightly pack the rigatoni in the pan, standing on their ends.
- Pour the meat sauce over the pasta. Push the meat down into the holes as best you can.
- Slide into the oven for 15 minutes. Remove, top with mozzarella cheese, and bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Let sit 15 minutes before slicing and serving!
- Top with fresh basil if desired.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: quick-dish.tablespoon.com