- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup wholewheat flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- A pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 tsp of melted butter, plus additional butter for frying
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored then grated
- Sift the flours into a medium mixing bowl and then mix in the baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour and add in the egg, melted butter, vanilla extract and milk. Combine well, then fold in the apple.
- Let the batter sit for at least 5-10 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a griddle and melt a small amount of butter. Put a spoonful of batter and flip over once holes start to bubble and appear in the top. Cook for a few minutes on the other side. Keep pancakes warm in the oven until you have used all the batter.
- Serve with sliced apple, fresh berries and a drizzle of maple syrup and plan the rest of your day ahead!
Photo Credit: kids.baristanet.com