- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 (10-ounce) tube refrigerated pizza dough
- ¾ cup garlic-and-herb cheese spread (such as Alouette), divided
- ¾ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- 1 small red onion
- 1 (7- to 8-inch-long) zucchini (yellow or green), cut crosswise into ⅛-inch-thick rounds, divided
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with nonstick spray. Unroll dough onto parchment.
- Spread half of herb cheese over 1 long half of dough, leaving ½-inch plain border. Sprinkle with half of Parmesan and 2 tablespoons parsley. Using parchment as aid, fold plain half of dough over filled half (do not seal edges). Spread remaining herb cheese over top; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Remove enough outer layers of onion to yield 2-inch-diameter core; cut into ⅛-inch-thick rounds. Arrange 1 row of zucchini down 1 long side of dough. Arrange onion rounds in row alongside zucchini. Arrange 1 more row of zucchini alongside onion. Brush vegetables with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake bread until puffed and deep brown at edges, about 24 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley.
Note : Serves 4
Photo Credit: Mark Thomas
Source : http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Cheesy-Zucchini-and-Red-Onion-Flatbread-235578