- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups macaroni and cheese, chilled in the refrigerator overnight, and formed into 1-1.5 inch balls
- ¾ cup flour, for dredging
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups bread crumbs, for dredging (recommend Japanese panko)
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a large, heavy pan to 350 degrees F.
- Dredge each macaroni ball in flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs to coat.
- Repeat dredging balls into the egg and bread crumbs for a total of 2 coats. Allow them to rest for 5 minutes so the crust can set.
- Fry for about 1 minute on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.
Photo Credit: kokocooks.com