- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup red wine
- 16 oz. mushrooms (Cremini mushrooms, or whatever mushrooms you want)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once butter is melted and begins to bubble, add in garlic, stirring frequently, until it turns just golden, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in red wine and return mixture simmer.
- Add in mushrooms and toss to coat with sauce. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Remove lid, season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking on medium-low heat for an additional 5-8 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked through and the bottoms are golden.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle parsley over the top. Enjoy!
Note: Makes 4 servings.
Photo Credit: dragitthroughthegarden.wordpress.com
Source : dragitthroughthegarden.wordpress.com/2013/01/07/red-wine-and-garlic-mushrooms/