- 8 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- ½ cup canned mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Arrange spinach leaves on a large platter or individual salad plates. Top with mandarin sections and chopped red onion, and the toasted almonds Whisk together all ingredients of the dressing in a cup.
- When you are ready to serve, pour the dressing over salad and season with salt and pepper.
Note : Serves 4