- 6 slices bacon
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup onion, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet cook the bacon until crisp. Set aside to cool and drain on paper towels. Chop when cool.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon grease from the skillet. Add the spinach and cook over medium heat until wilted and cooked through. Sprinkle the spinach with salt and set aside on a cutting board to cool. Chop finely when cooled.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook until it's translucent and a tiny bit golden at the edges. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl. Add cheese, onions, garlic, half of the chopped bacon, chopped spinach, and cayenne pepper and stir well.
- Roll the cream cheese mixture into a large ball and then roll in the remaining chopped bacon. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: Serves 10.
Photo Credit: steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot