- 1 cup (2 sticks)Challenge Butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (21 ounces)cherry pie filling
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Generously butter, (1-1½ Tablespoons butter) a 12-cup Bundt pan (or similar sized pan).
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in sour cream, eggs and almond extract. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add dry mix to creamed mixture alternating with the milk. Mix until well blended.
- Spread ½ of the batter into prepared Bundt pan, spreading batter slightly up the sides to form a trough. Spoon pie filling on top of the batter; avoid touching the sides and center of pan. Cover filling with remaining batter.
- Bake 60 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 10-15 minutes; turn out onto wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Note : Makes 12 servings.
Photo Credit: challengedairy.com
Source : www.keyingredient.com/recipes/759285032/black-forest-bundt-cake/